Advanced PassGen 1.7 has just been released! This release uses the latest and greatest version of the .NET Framework (4.8). Because of this, Advanced PassGen should work better with multiple monitors and different DPI settings!
If you get prompted to install this version of the .NET Framework when opening Advanced PassGen, you might get redirected to a previous release (most notably .NET Framework 4.7.2). This appears to be a bug in Windows which will probably get fixed in a Windows update. In case you’re looking for the download link: you can install .NET Framework 4.8 here. Microsoft will (or already does by the time you’re reading this) offer the .NET Framework 4.8 in a Windows update.
We’ve also used a new installer setup which comes with a lot more options. We do recommend that you manually uninstall the previous version before installing version 1.7 or higher. This can be done in the Windows control panel.
- Upgraded to .NET Framework 4.8
- Added help documentation
- Added window dragging setting
- Added a setting for window opacity
- Added a setting for resize border
- Added a menu to the main window
- Added an about window
- Added ability to export to Excel
- Added ability to sort password list
- Added export capabilities to menu and context menu
- Added ability to retain options that are selected by the user
- Added a setting to allow or prevent duplicate passwords
- Added more tooltips
- Updated password advisor to be more accurate
- Design changes
- Included latest theme version
- Included latest UpdateManager version
You can download the latest version of Advanced PassGen here: